Saturday 31 December 2011

Pingu, pine cones and stinky feet

It's a relatively late start today with everyone staying in their own beds until 8am and although I know that there will be parents around the world who have already completed half of their daily tasks by then, I still can't help but feel cheated. Mainly because Daddy is still in bed, again! I don't know why it is a given that unless it is a special occasion or I am bed bound then it is my job to get up with the children. I'd love to do as Maisy Middleton's mum does and just push Daddy out of bed however a tired Daddy = grumpy Daddy so instead I've dragged myself from the bed and finally made it to the sofa!


(BTW if you haven't read this to your little ones it's well worth the purchase. Our copy is over 20 years old and is still going strong!)

So instead I am sitting on the sofa watching Pingu with 2 little feet in my face attached to a cheeky 2 year old shouting 'tickle my feet, tickle my feet, tickle my feet' This might be made a little cuter if he was actually wearing some form of underwear!

The other little person is demanding breakfast (in a very polite voice in all fairness) and all I want to do is cry as I must have woken up with a pine cone lodged in my throat. I don't know how it got there (and quite frankly I don't want to know) but it's there and it's bloody hurting!!!!

Maybe it's time to wake up Daddy and demand that he looks after me as surely having a pine cone stuck in your throat is a serious medical condition.

I much interrupt my feeling sorry for myself rant as the biggest little person has just asked me a question which has left me a little perplexed:

S: Mummy do you know what rabbits eat?

Me: I don't do you?

S: Yes, they eat birds and boobs

Me: Birds and BOOBS?

S: Yes, birds and boobs (she then starts to laugh hysterically)

How does a 3 year old even know that boobs is a funny word! She honestly thinks that she is hilarious. I'm going to blame Cbeebies as there is no way that we have taught her such smutty humour. I always knew that there something a bit sinister about Show Me Show Me!! I mean how can they really be that happy all of the time?!



Disclaimer: CBeebies is a wonderful channel which we watch most days and Show Me Show Me is not only educational but it is also great fun. Well done BBC! Phew, thought I'd better get that in there!

So the time has come where I really should go and sort out some breakfast. S is chanting 'please can we have some cereal, please can we have some cereal' which means anything other then Weetabix. Cereal has been promoted in our house to special treat status. S & T only get cereal when they have been really good. I know many will think that this is cruel but it's so lovely so see how excited they get over a bowl of Cornflakes, stick in a few blueberries and they think it's Christmas. They're very easily pleased :)

Once the birds have been fed I am most definitely off to raid the medicine box as there is nothing at all pretty about a Mummy feeling sorry for herself!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Laura! Thank you for including me in your blog roll - it is always a thrill to meet someone new in Blogland.

    Best wishes for 2012 - I hope that the 'pine-cone in the throat' symptom is short lived and good things come your way very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words Alice. I can't believe I've only just discovered the joys of blogging!

    I look forward to keeping up to date with all of your wonderful photos. Here's to a prosperous 2012!

    ReplyDelete