Saturday 25 June 2011

Not a good finisher...

All my life I've never been great at finishing things. I'll get a fantastic idea in my head and go for it only to leave it when it's only 50% completed. An example? Last Thursday when OH was out working all day I decided to finally touch up that bit of paint in the dining room that had been driving us both mad for weeks.  Once I had gone to the effort of opening the paint, finding a suitable paint brush and donning old painting attire I felt like it would be a waste to only paint that small 3x3 square. Where else to paint?? I know, the hall and the stairs and the landing! So I gradually worked my way around the hall, up the stairs and as high up the walls on the landing as I could reach.  Unfortunately this now means that we have a lovely big line across the top of the walls where I couldn't get to. Of course, finishing up at 11.45pm I had every intention of getting the paint back out the next day or maybe the day after and completing the job. 1 week and 2 days later and the paint has been safely stored away in the cupboard. My excuse, I've been too exhausted to get the paint out and stay up late to finish it or is the reality just that it was better than before therefore is acceptable and doesn't need finishing.  Eventually I know that OH will get a bee in his bonnet and finish it but why don't I have the desire to do it.  I'm more than happy to start something but find it really difficult finishing it. So what shall we do today? Get the paint out and finish the job or pack up a picnic and head to the beach? I think I know what we'll be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment