Thursday 23 June 2011

...and breathe.

2 baths, 1 shower, 3 meals, 1 trip to the shops and lots of mess later...I'm exhausted. What a long day this has been. Life is hard when your other half is studying for a Phd. There's no escape from the never ending grind of housework and cooking.  The fact that I get to spend all day with my 2 (mostly lovely) children is wonderful but oh, what I wouldn't give for a day back in the office.  Sitting at my desk with a cup of tea and a caramel slice. The pointless chat with people whom I rarely see nowadays. Of course, I took it for granted at the time.  Eating whenever I wanted, drinks, social nights and trips away. Everyone says 'enjoy it now before the children arrive' and do we listen, Nope, no way, they had to have been exaggerating.  3.5 years later and here I am, listening to my children fighting over who had the singing tea pot first!
I have to stop and ask myself, if Little Rabbit Foo Foo's good fairy came down and gave me 1 chance to change, would I? Absolutely not!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment